read. chat. question. repeat.
Welcome to the CCHS book club! The goal of this shindig is to read together, talk together, and learn from new perspectives.
Current read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling
how it works:
- Look for examples of the theme of the week (share with text or video)
- Ask the group questions that come to you as you read (text or video)
You have several ways to earn points for your contributions to the CCHS book club -
- You'll earn up to 5 points each week based on your participation according to the following expectations:
- how active were you in the discussion?
- did you respond to what other group members shared? (the goal is to have a discussion, not isolated posts)
- is it evident you made an effort to find interesting quotes, to connect with the theme, and to ask thought-provoking questions?
- You'll also earn 20 points for reading the book (as you would if you read this book for Independent Reading & Writing)
- In order to earn these points, you must be participating to show you are really engaged with the reading, as opposed to, say, copying ideas from the plethora of online resources.
- If you want to complete the work for Independent R&W - journals, character inventory, essay - you'll earn an additional 30 points according to our usual R&W standards